Saturday, May 19, 2018

Last Dance

Charlotte had her first dance lesson on May 22, 2014. She will have her last dance recital almost exactly four years later.

I'm not very good with dance "lingo", so I'll just say that next year Char would be required to dance at a different level, and that level would require a larger time commitment. Char's not interested in that, and neither are Daphne and I.

A small part of me is sad; it's so much fun watching her perform. You would think that after seven years I'd be use to the idea, but I just sit there and think, Holy cow. That's my kid up there. I'm actually a dad, and that's my kid!  I'm still in awe of parenting.

I have to remind myself that she's only in second grade. I'll be sitting in the stands for the next decade. With that in mind, here are some scenes from yesterday's dress rehersal.





No comments:

Post a Comment