Friday, March 23, 2018

Spring Break '18: Hey Ladies!

Fortified by clams and cupcakes, we went in search of the famous "Painted Ladies" - the multicolored Victorian homes near Alamo Square.

On the way I spotted my favorite store. Those pointy things keep birds off the sign and the building.


I only brought one paperback book with me on this trip, and I was done with Ready Player One by Monday night. I needed another book if I was going to make it through Thursday's flights home.

The last GW was a bust for me, and this one didn't look much better.  Just before I gave up hope, I spotted this on a bottom shelf of the books section.


Looks like Neil Gaiman would accompany me home. A beat up copy of American Gods is a great fit for my backpack. Two of the book's themes are traveling and what gets lost when one travels.

We were standing in front of the Painted Ladies 20 minutes later. The view is great.


I like these ladies better.


There are beautiful of examples of these Victorian homes all around Alamo Square.


Victorian homes are all over the place.




Even the park's playground has Victorian touches.


We stopped by this morning's park as we made our way back to the the cable cars. The park is much busier when the sun is shining.



And that is the end of the trip. On Friday we had a flight to Chicago, we were delayed three hours in O'Hare, and then we flew to Des Moines. We opened the door to our house around 11PM.

We still had three days to recover before school started again, so that was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment