Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Good to be Home

"Here in my car
I feel safest of all"
      - “Cars" by Gary Numan


We got the RAV back from the body shop last night, and it looks pretty good.





New tires and various repairs cost us a bit last summer, so we were glad the RAV wasn't totaled. With a little luck, knock on hood, I'll be driving this car for a few more years.

I'm not the only one who is happy to have the RAV back in the garage. Char celebrated the RAV's return by running around the living room with her hands in the air yelling, "Whoooo hoooo! We got our old car back!"

Charlotte detested the Ford Focus that we rented (trying to be a one-car family lasted one day). The cramped back seat didn't recline, and the car sat too low for her see much outside. I was able to get her booster seat clipped in, but for the life of me I couldn't get the seat belt to buckle in the correct receiver. We had to awkwardly connect to the receiver on the other side of the car. Getting her in and out was a pain for both of us.

Before we left home this morning, Daphne watched Charlotte smile and affectionately place her hand on the RAV's hood. On the drive to school I asked Charlotte how it felt to ride in our old car again. She leaned forward, gave me a thumbs-up, and returned to her reclined position.

It feels good to be home.

link

No comments:

Post a Comment