Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The View From a Six-Year-Old

Charlotte was very interested in the family camera when she was three, so I bought her a used digital camera from a thrift store. It was a little Sony Cyber-shot, and Char had fun trying to taking pictures. I wrote a blog post about it, "The View From a Three-Year-Old." I'll put a link to that post at the bottom of this one.

It wasn't too long before Charlotte dropped and broke that camera. I knew it would happen, she was only three, but I didn't run out and get her another. I saved the camera's memory card, and forgot about the whole deal for awhile.

I spotted another old Cyber-shot at Goodwill last week, and Char's old memory card fit like a glove. I surprised Charlotte with her "new" camera while we were in Ottumwa visiting Daphne's grandpa on Saturday.


Char and I went on photo hunts while Daphne and Grandpa talked.

Grandpa insists on taking us to the Pizza Ranch for lunch. I'm not going to complain; they have the best Broasted chicken in the area. Here's mom cutting up Char's chicken.


Charlotte thought it was hilarious that she took a picture of Grandpa's toilet. Insert Daphne's, "She's your kid, Brent" comment here.


Char moved onto taking family photos.




Sunday afternoon was beautiful. Despite Char's complaints, we went for a family walk at Saylorville Lake. We parked our car at the visitor's center and walked the bike path. Char brought along her camera.




Char was tired after walking two miles, but we made convinced her to walk the path that lead down to the beach. Charlotte discovered that she really enjoyed climbing over the barrier of rocks.  

I couldn't help myself. I had to take some pictures, too.



Of all the pictures that she took on Sunday, here's my favorite. Nice job with the Rule of Thirds, Char!


So, how long do you think it will take before Charlotte breaks this camera? It might take some time; Daphne thinks Char is doing a pretty good job of keeping the camera's loop around her wrist. I'll keep checking the shelves of Goodwill, just in case.

Here's that link: The View From a Three-Year-Old. Her photography skills have improved quite a bit since then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment