Friday, April 28, 2017

Spontaneity (An Email reprint)

(This is from the spring 2012)

After dropping off Charlotte at day care yesterday, I was in my car waiting at a stop light. To my left, in the turning lane, was a young professional woman with huge earrings. She was looking into the rear view mirror,  soberly checking her makeup. I have no idea what radio station she was listening to, but her mouth flashed into a bright smile when, apparently, a song came on she knew. 

Within seconds she was singing along and dancing practiced, arm moves in her car seat. Her earrings were swinging all over the place. I too had to laugh, and I'm glad she didn't see me watching her dance. That made my drive to work a lot brighter.

Later that evening I was getting ready to grill in our backyard, and "Gold on the Ceiling" by The Black Keys came on my iPod as I was climbing the deck stairs to get the burgers. I have no idea how to get someone's gold on the ceiling, but I had a flashback to that gal at the stop light. It was dark, and we have a high fence, so why not? I stopped my climb and started playing air guitar. Then I gave up the air instrument and returned to the yard to dance to the music for a minute or so. That may be dorky, but it was fun to let loose.

Here's to hoping that you have some spontaneous fun this weekend. 
And that no one catches you in the act.


No comments:

Post a Comment