Monday, March 6, 2017

A Couple of Knuckleheads (An Email Reprint)

(This is from October 3, 2011)

I found a music sampler CD from June, 2000 while rooting around in our storage room. I probably bought the CD for the opening tracks by POD and A Perfect Circle, and I doubt I gave the last track (number 21) even a cursory listen. The least commercial songs are always buried near the end of these samplers.

Today I think "Knucklehead" is the most interesting song on the CD, and I wrinkled my nose when playing tracks by the previously mentioned bands. Their songs haven't aged very well and were definitely a product of their time.

If I was able to time travel back 11 years and take a car ride with my 31-year-old self, I'd probably tell me, "You know what past Brent? A lot of your "new" music is actually pretty dumb."

Then I'd probably reply, "Shut up future Brent. You got fat."




Knucklehead link

No comments:

Post a Comment