Monday, January 2, 2017

I Shall Call Her Dianthus

Char spotted the largest red pepper that we had ever seen at a Hy-Vee grocery store today. 7.5 inches won't get us to the state fair, but it's still impressive.


Here's Char's version of Rene Magritte's The Son of Man.


After handling it in the store, the pepper took on a personality in Char's mind, and she wanted to keep it. "This is my baby, Dianthus, " she declared. 


Char kicked out her pocket trumpet, and made Dianthus a bed. Mom is a music teacher, and she was not pleased.


Later, while Charlotte was playing school, Dianthus found herself in the classroom's seating arrangement. 


Bo didn't feel like picking on the new kid. He was too busy "studying."


Okay, this is cute and all, and I'm really happy with Char's imagination. But real school starts tomorrow, and I'm hoping that Charlotte will get caught up in the "back to school" excitement and forget about Dianthus. What is she going to say while we are eating veggie omelettes, and she spots the strips of red pepper? I don't want to have the "You ATE my baby!" fight. 

Really. I don't want that fight. 

Not at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment