Saturday, December 31, 2016

What's Your Resolution?

I just brought home the grungiest pinball machine that I've ever seen with the nicest backglass that I've ever owned.



It was manufactured in Spain, and then it was beat up in a French cafe.



The Criterium 75 machine was then imported to Cascade, Iowa (?) where it sat in a basement for almost 40 years. I spotted it on an eBay auction that didn't sell, and I bought it through email.

I asked the 80-year-old owner if he had ever played the machine, and he shook his head no. I don't know why, but I guess there's something going on with the European electricity exchange. Also, the playfield's plastic surface is now curled up in sections like potato chips.

In 2017, I'm going to fix this pile and play it!

So.... What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment