Monday, May 9, 2016

15 Days to Go

L is for Letter to a Friend Day, but that's not for me to write. That will be Charlotte's job.

I'll write about Saturday instead.

We started the weekend with a trip to the Downtown Farmers' Market's season opener. Our first stop was to get poffertjes from the fine people at Breakfast Delights.


Tammy's Tarts is also a "must stop."


I don't know how many times I have taken a picture of a kabob from Chef Steve's stand, but here's another one. Man, I love these kabobs.


We stopped by Adventureland for their opening day, too. The park was supposed to open the previous weekend, but the weather prohibited that.


The Log Ride is long gone, and construction on the new rollercoaster, The Monster, is almost complete. According to a park employee, there hasn't been an announced date, but the coaster should open in June. It looks like The Monster is going to be the real deal.

Just riding the Sky Glider chairs through The Monster is going to be a trip. I hope we don't get ralphed on.




The other rides were open for business. Char loves riding the Lady Luck. Daphne and I love dramamine.


I think Charlotte might be getting too big for the Ladybugs, but she wanted to take one for a spin.


The Scrambler lives up to its name, that's for sure. Char always wants to ride this twice, and Daphne and I have to trade spots. Neither of us can ride this thing twice in a row.



The farmers' markets are opening all over the area, Adventureland has opened their gates, and it won't be long before you can smell the chlorine in your local public pool.

Summer is coming. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment