Monday, May 16, 2016

10 Days to Go

Q is for Q-Tip Art. We'll have to see what Char brings home.

Charlotte's dance recital was on Saturday, but you can only take pictures at the dress rehearsal. No flash photography or video is allowed during the performance. That's okay, it let me relax and just focus on the kids.

I started to tear up when a small group of 4-year-olds (not my daughter's group) began their dance. Watching these little girls turning, bending, and lifting their arms to Sarah McLachlan's "Ordinary Miracle" was surprisingly moving. If your heart has hardened, and you don't think there is beauty and innocence in our world, then you haven't been to a children's dance recital recently.

In other news, I did buy Char a tag-along bike. I picked it up a few weeks ago at the Des Moines Bicycle Collective. The bike had just been donated to the collective, and their mechanics hadn't had the chance to check it. So, I got for $50. Not a bad deal. That rear tire looks brand new.


Tag-alongs are supposed to be the gateway drug to riding a bike solo, so I was hoping that she'd like riding along with me. I shouldn't have worried.

We were ten seconds into our maiden voyage when Char shouted, "Woo Hoo! I love riding this bike! We're going so fast!" She later exclaimed, "I know everything there is to know about bike riding!" I don't know about that, but I do believe we have left the two wheel bike trailer behind us in the dust.

Look out, RAGRAI. Here comes the Monsons.

Ordinary Miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment