Monday, April 4, 2016

I Scream, You Scream

Let's do another one of those "time flies" posts. I've got a buddy who agonizes over pictures of his kids when they were younger. All he sees is the time that has passed and what he'll lose when they grow up. Instead of looking for what I've lost, I like to see how far we've come.

One of the surest ways to know that spring is here is the annual opening of Snookies Malt Shop. We've been going to this malt shop for years. In fact, Charlotte had her first taste of ice cream on Snookies' opening day in 2011.
 

She had the teeth to chew the animal cookie that comes with every cone three years later.


Now she's experienced enough to pick her own flavor. She chose a marshmallow sundae for this year's opening of Snookies. Looks like Mom wants some, too.


What did I get? 

Check out this thing of beauty - a small sundae with melted peanut butter and hot fudge. I'm not being abstemious by ordering a small; I'm splurging. I don't think people know that Snookies puts on the same amount of toppings on all their sundaes. It doesn't matter if you order a small, medium, or large. Getting a small increases the topping to ice cream ratio tenfold.

Just look at that fudgey, peanut buttery sheen. I'm a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment