Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Kindergarten Demonstration Day!

Char's favorite days of school are when she gets to go to P.E. and Music. She was able to show us what's she been learning in those classes yesterday.


Usually I'm working at 2:45, but because I co-teach 8th period, I was able to attend Charlotte's Demonstration Day without getting a substitute teacher. My principal was kind enough to let me leave early. Daphne took a half-day personal leave so she could be there, too.

We had a blast.

The first activity was a hop, skip, run and gallop circuit. Char was excited to show off her skills.You can't see it in this video, but she was beaming as she ran towards us.


We've tried hula hooping at home, and it hasn't gone well. I think we just need a better hoop. This is the best hoopin' I've seen Charlotte do.


It takes teamwork to make the spider ball jump, and coordination to catch him.


We need a bit more practice with the jump rope. 


Do you remember how much fun the scooters were?


Using milk jugs to help catch beanbags is a great idea. We can do this at home.


Unfortunately, I didn't get any decent videos or pictures during our visit to the music room. Char sat in front, and the angle was wrong. I can tell you the music program is impressive. The students sang and danced with confidence. 

I took the gals out for FroYo afterwards. Getting food after doing your best is a Monson family tradition.



It's hard to believe that Charlotte only has 28 more days to be a kindergartener... not that I'm counting down to summer or anything, I'm just remarking how fast the school year has gone for my daughter. That's why I'm counting days. I'm always sad when the school year ends.

Honest.

I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment