Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sign of the Times

Daphne and I have a meeting to attend tonight.


Although I’ve taught for 23 years, tonight will be the first time I'll go to a school meeting and sit in the parent section. That’s going to be weird.

But what’s stranger is the thought that Charlotte's almost ready to start school herself. Kindergarten? Wasn’t it just yesterday when she puked pink goo all over my beard after I burped her? Now we're debating if she wants hot lunch? Did I blink and miss the last 54 months? 

No. I didn't blink. I just didn't realize those tentative baby steps were the first strides of a whirlwind sprint. And since this race has no finish line, all I can do is hold on, try to keep up, and enjoy the scenery when possible.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment