Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Helping Out a PAL: One Week Later

Using the brass tumbler is so easy. I've never cleaned anything with such a "hands off" technique. I turn on the tumbler when I get home from work, and I turn it off when I leave with Char in the morning. Here's some before and after shots of the pocket knife I bought at the thrift store.

Before


After


To be honest, I did use the grinder's wire brush to remove some of the heavy rust on the bottom.  The walnut shells weren't putting much of a dent in those areas.

Before


After


Before


After


The rust on the blades is going to require some extra work. I'm going to use some steel wool. I'll begin with grade 0 and some oil, and work my through grades 00 and 000.  Then the tumbler will polish what's left.

I don't know what I'll do with my PAL when he's done, but life is about the journey, not the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment