Thursday, June 26, 2014

President Obama Wasn't The Only One to Get a Jucy Lucy at Matt's

We were in Minneapolis last weekend for my cousin's wedding, and on Sunday afternoon we stopped by Matt's Bar to grab a burger.


Daphne and I first learned about Matt's Bar while watching Man vs. Food. The host, Adam Richman, compared two different restaurants who have claimed to make the best hamburger with cheese hidden inside. We tried a "Jucy Lucy" at Matt's Bar and a "Juicy Lucy" at the 5-8 Club. 

For us, Matt's burger won out. I think the onions tip the scales. They remind me of a White Castle burger (which I can't get in Des Moines... c'mon Des Moines get with the fast food burger program!)


But the meat is waaaaay better than at White Castle. So, how Jucy is the cheese in a Matt's Lucy? Let's press the burger and find out:


Char had a grilled cheese sandwich, and since it was grilled on the same surface the burgers are prepared on, it was sinfully good. Seriously, this might have been the best sandwich I have stolen bites from.


And Char liked the French fries, too.


link

No comments:

Post a Comment