Friday, June 20, 2014

Looking Up

Johnston is celebrating "Green Days" this weekend. I was bummed the car show was rained out last night, but that was nothing compared to Char's disappointment when she found out she couldn't go to the midway. For the past few days Char has watched the carnival rides being pieced together on the Johnston Commons, an open field next to the public library. We pass the Commons every day in the car, and Charlotte has decided with a mixture of excitement and fear that she wants to ride the Ferris wheel. 

I've watched Char get to the front of the line for a ride at Adventureland only to run in horror. So, I was dubious about the Ferris wheel, but you never know. Tonight we walked down to the carnival to see how it would go.

Getting on.


Going up.


Going around.




Charlotte loved the ride. When she got to the top of the Ferris wheel, Char exclaimed, "I'm like a giant! Fee! Fi! Foe! Fuuuuum!" 

Sometimes I wonder who is having more fun: Char or me watching her?

Then I realize it doesn't matter.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment