Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Faster Than Fast Food


Yesterday was the opening for the Beaverdale Farmers' Market. It's a small farmers' market with one big draw for me: Parlo Pizza. According to the Parlo Pizza website, "This is the only locally owned small business in Iowa that makes old world authentic Italian style pizza using a mobile wood-fired brick oven."

I enjoy gimmicky ingredients like Spam or tater tots on a pizza - it's fun when a business is willing to experiment, but Parlo's Pizza is traditional, and I really like their Margherita. Sometimes I just want a pizza that's simple and honest, and this fits the bill. And for 8 bucks, it's a steal.


Check out my wristwatch. I timed how long it would take to get my pizza once it was placed in the oven: three minutes and forty-seven seconds! You just can't get a finer pizza in less time outdoors.  Luckily, we came to the market early, and the line was short.


Speaking of fast, you should see me eat it...

No comments:

Post a Comment