Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Memory Stick (ers)

Although we moved to our new place four weeks ago, I'm still unpacking. It's taking longer than I planned because I'm trying to "thin the herd". Boxes that haven't been opened in decades are being slowly exhumed.

How my fifth grade music lesson book got in a box marked "College Papers", I'll never know. It was wedged between the papers I wrote for British Lit. and a Critical Literature class.

Funny thing is, even though I sweated for days writing those college papers, I threw them in the recycling bin last night. A character analysis of Smerdyakov from The Brothers Karamazov? Barf.

But I'm keeping this lesson book. I was ten when I started playing the saxophone, and it looks like I wasn't planning on being a serious player... but I still think these "Wacky Packages" stickers are great.


Let's zoom in.


It's aluminum, Fool! (That's an inside joke for Daphne.)







When it comes down to keeping or tossing something, one of my litmus test questions is, "Does this make me smile?"

Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking, but 34 years later the answer is still "Yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment