Monday, April 26, 2021

Random Pictures with Comments*

 Char made Earl a "hat" which he wore until it was time for his nap.


Which often means quiet time curled up with Ellie.

On a cold and windy Saturday, we warmed up with lunch at Mcgee's Irish Pub & Eatery in Ankeny. Daphne and I split the Traditional Fish & Chips and a Yorkshire Scotch Egg Nest.


On cold and sunny Sunday, I ordered a Roasted Pork sandwich with a side of Poutine at BeerStyles. 


Last Saturday we suprised Char by taking her to Tsing Tsao West in Urbandale. It looked different inside, but to Char's relief, their Egg Drop Soup recipe hasn't changed.


On Saturday night I suprised Char again by picking Batman: Mask of the Phantasm for our family movie. We've been watching a lot of Scooby Doo on Boomerang, and I hoped an antimated mystery that was a little more "grown-up" would go over with her. It did. Char gave this a big thumbs-up. 
    
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm had a limited theatrical release in 1993. The film didn't do well at the box office despite the positive, critical reviews. If Flix Brewhouse re-opens, I'd love to see this movie play there.


I know that his isn't much of a blog post, so why did I even write it? 

"Just Becasue." 


* Might as well be the name of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment