Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Birria Tacos? Yes, Please!

I don't know. Am I early, on time, or late to the birria taco party? I suppose that doesn't matter. I'm just happy I made it at all.

Charlotte went to her aunt's house to play Minecraft and eat dinner yesterday. That gave Daphnne and I a shot at a quick dinner date. We tried Flame the Taqueria: "A small taqueria that focuses on tacos and Mexican Street eats. Quaint dining room and carry out."

Flame the Taqueria recently opened in the spot where Brickhouse Cafe used to be in Johnston. 


We started off with some guacamole, chips, and salsa. The fresh guacamole was a sign of things to come.


Daphne ordered the El Pastor tacos, and I chose the Birria tacos. I hadn't heard of birria tacos, but the menu had me at "aus jus."



My birria tacos, aus jus, and green salsa are in the foreground. The tacos were meaty, gooey with cheese, and I loved dipping them into the aus jus - delicious and comforting. I heard our waitress use the term "Mexican French Dip" while she was talking to other customers, and I think that's a perfect fit. On our short drive home, I said, "Mexican food is the best. Man, I feel so good!" Daphne simply nodded in agreement.
 
Daph already knows that she is going to order the Mango Shrimp tacos next time, but I won't even have to look at the menu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment