Monday, May 6, 2019

Keeping Busy 🎢

Flowers and Dutch Letters are not my thing, so on Friday night I stayed home while Charlotte and Daphne went to the Tulip Time parade at Pella.

When I have the house to myself, I like to make my favorite meal - grilled steak with onions.


On Saturday morning we went to opening of the Downtown Farmers' Market. It seems like I take this same picture every year.


Daphne and I shared a BLT pita from Breakfast Delights. The greens might make up for my Friday night dinner.


Char kept the Dutch theme going with an order of poffertjes. 


US. Senator and presidential candidate Bernie Sanders was there, too. I don't know what he ate.


After the market, we walked down to the Johnston library for Kites on the Green. We started in the barn where they give you a kit to make your own kite.


Getting some help from Mom.


Finished!


The only problem with Saturday's weather was a lack of wind. That made flying a kite tough, but we tried anyway. The kite did get off the ground.




Char's last level 3 swim lesson was on Sunday, and we squeezed in a trip to Adventureland between church and the pool.

We have been trying to get Charlotte on a rollercoaser for the past four years. Char didn't enjoy her first ride on the Tornado back in 2015, and she has refused to get back on the horse. Until Sunday, that is. Not only did Char willingly ride the Outlaw, she admitted it was fun. She even rode it again, and began discussing the merits of the other coasters in the park. 

Yea! Now we don't have to ride coasters alone while someone waits with Char on the sidelines.


Later, Charlotte received her swim lesson report card.


She passed level 3! Good job, Charlotte Manson!


Her's a link to Char's first rollercoaster ride ---> link

No comments:

Post a Comment