Wednesday, May 29, 2019

I Think it's a Good Idea

While we drove home from school yesterday, I told Charlotte that I had entered a contest for the Iowa State Fair.

"What's the contest?"


"It's the Most Embarrassing Dad contest."


"What?" I could see in the rear-view mirror that I had her attention. 


"It's like a talent show, but just for dads who want to embarrass their family."


"You're not serious." Now Charlotte looked concerned.


"Yes, I am serious. And the kid you want to embarrass the most has to sit in the front row. I think I'll sing "Get Back Up Again" from the Trolls soundtrack. You like that one, right?"


I started to sing, loudly, "I really hope I can do it. 'Cause they're all depending on me..."


Char started to choke me by pulling on the back of my shirt collar. "Dad! Stop! Singing! You! Cannot! Sing!"


Honestly, I thought I sounded pretty good. "Charlotte!" I sputtered and laughed, "Stop choking me. I haven't even told you about the outfit Mom made me. It's gonna be really sparkly!


She had released my collar, but she didn't lower her volume, "Daaaad! You Can't!"


I let her off the hook before she got too mad. "I'm only kidding. There isn't an Embarrassing Dad contest at the fair."


"There isn't?"


"No, but if they ever have one, we are so there!" I continued to sing a couple more lyrics before I was shut down again.


"Daaaaad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment