Sunday, March 31, 2019

Our April Fool's Day Prank

This was Charlotte's idea, but I loved it.

The plan was to fool mom into thinking that for dessert Char and I were eating mayonnaise right out of the jar. But instead of mayonnaise, we would be eating vanilla pudding.

I bought some mayonnaise after school, but when I got it home it looked too white when compared to the pudding. Instead, I used a container of Miracle Whip that we already had. The Miracle Whip is less white than the mayonnaise, and the darker pudding might make it look as if the Miracle Whip had begun to spoil. That would be even better.


I had to empty the MW bottle at work. There's no way I could sneak a plastic bag of Miracle Whip out of the kitchen without being caught by Daphne. I'm not saying she's nosey; I'm saying I'm not smooth enough to get away with anything.

That bag looks so gross.


The cap broke after repeated slaps on the table top. If there was a next time, I'd take it easy and let gravity do its work.


The bottle was clear after shaking it with soapy water, but I needed to do that five more times to get rid of the MW smell. After a clear water rinse,  it was time to let it air dry.


I bought another bottle of MW so I could have the cap. I needed to seal the pudding bottle. 
Will the real Miracle Whip please stand up?


It's in place and ready to go. It's a small miracle that I didn't get caught setting this up.


When we got home from school on Friday, we were standing in the kitchen and Char said, "Hey Mom, did you know that in Animal Crossing Tom Nook's favorite dessert is Miracle Whip?"

"Miracle Whip? That would be terrible!" Daphne replied.

"No, it isn't. Watch!" Char grabbed the Miracle Whip from the refrigerator door, handed it to me, and I squirted the pudding into Char's open mouth.

Daphne looked disgusted. Success! 


We quickly explained what we had done, and Mom got in on the act.


As far as April Fool's Day pranks go, this one was fun and harmless. Charlotte and I were able to trick Mom, but no one was hurt, embarrassed, or made to feel uncomfortable.

Plus, vanilla pudding. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment