Friday, April 20, 2018

Sound Advice

Recently some pictures of the inside of Prince's Paisley Park compound have been released to the public. I assume they were taken during his death investigation and nothing was moved for the sake of preserving any evidence.

Along with pictures of his bedroom, halls, and walls, CNN.com reported, "Images showed cash laying out in the open, on desks, drawers, as well as wads of money stuffed in envelopes and brown bags."



The image of "wads" of money laying around is compelling, but I'm way more interested in the CDs under that money. What was Prince listening to before he passed away?

Now that is an interesting question. Let's flip the image and zoom in.


The CD on top is The Time Has Come by The Chamber Brothers.  I'm not familiar with them. Here's some brief information from discogs.com (my favorite internet stop for buying vinyl).


Psychedelic rock, funk, and soul - doesn't that just sound like something Prince would be into? When Prince died, Questlove was reported as saying something like, "Whatever Prince was listening to, I was listening to." Sounds like good advice to me. 

Even though Prince was listening to the Chambers Brothers on CD, I went for an original recording on LP.


 I'm going to put my copy of 1999 on the turntable when I get home tonight and look forward to my "new" record arriving in the mail.

Once again, thanks for the music, Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment