Monday, April 2, 2018

No Bunny Believes It At Our House (Spoiler Alert!)

Charlotte has believed in the Easter Bunny for years. Here she is in 2016. That bunny's eyes are only slightly terrifying.


This year it was cold, but we still got in an Easter Egg hunt.


Char used to be amazed at the number of eggs the Easter Bunny had hidden, but those days are gone. She and Daphne had a serious conversation last weekend. Mom wouldn't confirm or deny the existence of the Easter Bunny, but Char was positive he doesn't exist.

Charlotte didn't even seem to be upset. I think she felt triumphant because she had solved the mystery. Now she knows how kids all over the world can get candy from the Easter Bunny at the same time.They don't. Their parents and guardians hide the eggs. I think Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy have also jumped down that same rabbit hole.

Initially, I had written how I was disappointed that Charlotte has become old enough to stop blindly believing what her parents tell her. Come to think of it, I'm glad I don't have to lie to her anymore.

Talking to Char about Santa and his ilk made me feel slightly off. Maybe it was small pangs of guilt? I'll have to think more about that and edit as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment