Monday, February 5, 2018

That's a Good Question

While we wait for Netflix to air season 2 of The Worse Witch, Char and Daphne have been watching Just Add Magic on Amazon Prime. It's currently Charlotte's favorite program.


Just Add Magic is about three 'tween girls who discover a magical cookbook that contains recipes which cast spells. 


The girls lose a dog they had been pet sitting in the third episode. They cast the "Lost and Found-ue" spell to help find him.

That gave us the idea to make cheese fondue for our Super Bowl Sunday Snack. There's a fan-created Wiki page that has recipes from the show, and we thought Char would get a kick of making "Lost and Found-ue". Daphne checked; HyVee doesn't stock "Night-Blooming" fennel. 


I have an old fondue set, but I have no idea where it came from. Daphne says I had it before I met her. I don't know if it belonged to my parents or if I picked it up at a thrift store. Like most fondue sets, it has hardly ever been used.


Maggie wants to know what color her fondue fork is.


Gooey. Cheesy. Two words that sound great together.


We thought Char would have a lot of fun dipping bread and veggies into the melted cheese, but she didn't feel well, and she spent the evening wrapped up in a blanket watching TV.

The best laid plans of Mom and Dad...

Daphne and I enjoyed it, though. After a few bites, she waved her fork in the air and asked, "Why don't we fondue more often?"

No comments:

Post a Comment