Monday, August 28, 2017

Iowa State Fair '17: Just a Mess of Pictures

My buddy Rob gave me a real phone for my birthday, so I didn't take our old digital camera to the fair this year. The phone takes better pictures, but I'm still getting used to the timing. That's my excuse, anyway.

Daphne and I have a rule about eating at the fair: there are no rules. There are also no calories, no too much of a good thing, no diet, and no regrets. The ISF comes around once a year, and we make the best of it. 




We started out each day with a breakfast of fried cheese curds. (Remember our rule and judge not.)



Charlotte was excited to go farming at the "Little Hands on the Farm" exhibit. Pioneer donated a slew of hats for the kids to wear. Nice job, Pioneer. Turns out Char didn't care about the "farming". She just wanted the free Cheetos... 

Really Char? We have Cheetos at home.


Mazes are a big deal to our kid, so we spent a few minutes navigating this attraction.


"Ooh, look at the cutie pigs!" 


This picture doesn't look like it is a triumph, but Charlotte couldn't climb the ladder that lead to this spot on the playground last year. She tried a few times, but she got scared at the height and frustrated with number of kids cutting in front of her. This year she climbed it like a champ.


Like big mazes, Charlotte also enjoys big puzzles.


If I ever find one of the vintage egg-shaped chairs for a decent price, it is soooo going into our basement. I'm not even going to ask Daphne for permission. 


This stand bragged it had perfected the poutine that the Canadians had created, but I was skeptical. 


It was okay, but we have had much better poutine north of the 49th parallel.


The pork chop on the stick is always good, though. 


The sand castle was impressive. I kept wondering what would happen if it rained. I was told that they put a tarp over the castle when the forcast calls for that.


Charlotte loves cotton candy. It is the last she ate on Super Sunday.


While Char stuffed herself with melted sugar, I ate a good ol' hamburger, and Daphne had some grilled veggies on a bun. See ya next year, Iowa State Fair! 

Now it's time to start our diets again...

No comments:

Post a Comment