Saturday, March 12, 2016

Friday Forenoon, Half After Nine O'Clock

I found this book in a box of books that was donated to the high school's library.


There was more than the novels of Victor Hugo inside. I found pressed flowers.





Here's a newspaper clipping from the Fulton Journal.


Apparently someone was a fan of this "Gem In Verse".



There's also cool artwork.


This is a version of La Mort de Marat. I won't tell Charlotte what the name of the killer is. 


My favorite item in this book is this invitation.




"You are cordially invited to attend the Closing Exercises given by the Fifth Grade in Room Four, Central School. Friday Forenoon, June Twelve, Eighteen hundred ninety six. Half after Nine O'clock."

Here's the class list.


Too bad I'm 120 years late.

No comments:

Post a Comment