Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Char's Poster Garden

I found a recycled wooden window at the "Junk Jubilee" last year. I didn't know what to do with it, but I figured inspiration would eventually strike, so I bought it. The problem was that I couldn't find a spot in the garage where I thought the glass would be safe. The frame is also too bulky to be stored in a closet.

Then I remembered that the previous owners of our house had left a picture hook in a wall stud in the living room. So, that's where the window has been hanging for the past 14 months. It has nothing to do with style or decor. It's there out of convenience, and honestly because I forgot about the window. It's strange how the most awkward things can become familiar. I guess that's how guys like me remain married. Our wives forget how weird we are.

I thought it might be neat to decorate the window with a motivational quote. I ordered a decal from Amazon, but when the decal arrived I decided that was too cliché.

Char's fever kept us away from church last weekend. We stayed home instead, and Charlotte cut flowers out of her mom's gardening catalogs. Her intention was to tape the flowers all over the house, but I had the idea to tape the pictures to a white sheet of cardboard. We had fun creating the flower arrangement.

We were trying to decide where to hang Char's poster garden when I spotted the window frame.




Taa Daa! It a project the whole family can be proud of. I just wish I could share a better picture with you. Windows are tricky to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment