Monday, February 8, 2016

A New Favorite

Daphne and I had a date night on Saturday. We went to The Radish in Grimes for dinner. We aren't sophisticated diners, so I can't tell you that you'll like the place as much as we do. I can say that we haven't been disappointed with the food or the service.

The Radish is offering a "Wine Bottle Grab Bag" for a short time, and Daphne thought it would be fun to see what she would get. We were assured that every bottle hidden inside a brown paper bag was worth between 20 and 30 dollars. Daphne waited until we got to the car to open her bag. She was hoping for a nice bottle of red that she could share with her sister. When she opened the bag and slid the bottle out I could see she had a white. "Oh, I'm sorry, babe."

I couldn't see her expression in the dark, but I was surprised to hear her excitement.

"Brent! Look at this wine label!" She laughed, "It's called 'Charlotte's Home'! How sweet is that?"



"That's cool! Of all the bottles you could have picked, imagine being drawn to that one."

"I know. I love it! I'll have it in the summer."

"'Charlotte's Home'. Hmmm. I'm sure Charlotte is home, but I hope she is home and asleep. Let's go home and check."

"Sounds good, I'm tired anyway."

The rest of the drive home was spent discussing how much to pay the babysitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment