Monday, November 9, 2015

Daddy Daughter Night: How We Got To Here Edition

I've got a few books about pinball machines, but they don't feature every machine that was ever made. There's a lot of machines out there that I haven't read about yet, and eBay can be a cool resource even if you don't want to buy anything.

That's where I spotted this Paddock machine. I haven't heard of it before.


The pictures on this listing were pretty poor, so I checked the Internet Pinball Database to see what Paddock's playfield and artwork looked like.




The IPDB doesn't only have pictures, they have comments from people who allegedly know the machine and can make unbiased comments about it.

Here's the opening to Munckster's review of Paddock. Any guy who'll write about a pinball machine and Daddy Daughter Time has my attention. (Wait... am I talking about myself?)


But what's up with that movie, Moondance Alexander, that he mentioned? I haven't heard of it before. I checked Internet Movie Database to see what the movie looked like.



The IMDB doesn't only have pictures, they have comments from people who allegedly know the movie and can make unbiased comments about it.


Okay, it's rated G! Do you know how hard it is to find a decent movie that's rated G?  It's almost as hard as finding a movie that shows girls as sensitive and strong human beings.

Time to check the local library's online catalog.
Yea! They have the movie and it is available. Tomorrow night is Daddy Daughter night, and I think I know what movie we'll try.


PS. Charlotte, if you ever want to go pinball machine shopping, you just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment