Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pinball Update: Getting Sticky Again

I have my machine set up for free play, so I don't actually use the coin slots, but I didn't care for the worn and bubbled coin labels. The coin slots were also grungy.


I ordered new red coin slots from Pinball Resource, but the coin labels were out of stock. Luckily, the Pinball Rebel website has labels that you can download and print off yourself.


The paper label looks fine, but I wanted to be able to see the letters and numbers better, so I tried the sticker trick I learned last month.

First lay the paper face down on some packing tape.


Use a spoon to get as much of the toner into the tape's adhesive layer.


Roughly cut them out and give 'em a 20 minute soak in regular old tap water.


Take them out of the water, and while they're still wet use your finger to rub the paper off the tape.



Yes, the tape will become sticky again after it dries.


I googled "red screen" to use my laptop to simulate the red coin slot. As you can see, I didn't do a very good job of rubbing the toner into the right piece of tape.


Actually, I thought the left label let too much light though, as well. But then I had the idea to overlap the two.

Hey, that looks pretty good!


Now the labels match the start button.


I love this trick!

Let's give credit where it's due:

Clear Stickers instructions

Pinball Rebel

No comments:

Post a Comment