Friday, May 8, 2015

Hallmark is Missing the Boat

When Charlotte talks about me she says, "My Dad".
When Charlotte talks about Daphne she says, "My Mom".
When Charlotte talks about her daycare provider she says, "My Kim".

May is Char's last month to go to daycare, and that has got me to consider what an impact Kim has had on my daughter.

I thought it would be cool to get Kim a Mother's Day card that addresses how much love daycare providers give. I couldn't find any. They sell cards that are "for the cat" or "for the dog", but not for daycare providers? That's a shame.

Char's been going to Kim's house since she was two months old. That equals thousands of diapers changed, hundreds of meals served, and countless tears wiped away. Kim has given Char gifts, kisses, and hugs. Kim has also put Char in time-out. They do craft projects together, and they argue about going shopping.

Doesn't that sound like parenting?

Since Hallmark doesn't sell the cards, and Charlotte's too young to say it herself, I'll write it for her.

Dear Kim,
Thanks for being My Kim when My Mom couldn't be there.
Love,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment