Friday, October 10, 2014

Do All Four-Year-Olds Like Les Misérables?

Daphne took a grad class on American musicals last summer. She really enjoyed the class, so for her birthday I bought her the PBS documentary B'WAY and the accompanying soundtrack on CD. Daphne plays the CDs in her car, and for some reason Charlotte really connected with "Do You Hear the People Sing?" from Les Misérables.

Since Daphne already owned the complete Les Misérables soundtrack, she let Charlotte try out some of the other Le Miz songs. Those, too, are a hit.

The Les Misérables soundtrack is in my car because Char like to sing along while I drive her to daycare in the morning. Tonight, on the way to the high school football game, I recorded Charlotte at a stoplight and then later in the school parking lot so I could remember how much fun it is to listen to her (she taught herself the lyrics).



You should hear us belt out "Do You Hear the People Sing?". We kill that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment