Wednesday, April 23, 2014

White Lies

I've got a good sized collection of DVDs and Blu-Rays in my basement's "movie room". I'm not embarrassed by the number of movies there - almost all of them were purchased second hand for a couple of bucks. But I'd say 75% are not even close to being kid-friendly. I don't know what I'll do when Charlotte learns to read the titles.


Last week I left a couple of DVDs sitting on a couch in the basement, and the next day Char found them and wanted to know what these "shows" were about.

I don't like lying to her, but I don't want to give her nightmares, either. Here's what I said.


"This show is called Let's Go Swimming! And it's all about this girl and how she likes to swim in the winter time. Look at that cave with the icicles hanging down from the ceiling."


"This show's called I Love My Bike!, and that guy's telling his friends that everyone needs to wear a helmet if they want to stay safe."

[hangs head]  I hope we saved a few of the moving boxes...

No comments:

Post a Comment