Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ariel was kind of a hoarder, too.

I haven't posted in a week because we have been busy emptying our house into boxes and filling what is now our no-car garage. The Monsons are on the move.


Here's the view from the inside of our garage:


These boxes hold about 80% of our belongings. You wouldn't believe all the things that can fit inside a box*:


But unlike my daughter, none of my stuff is priceless. In fact, if they ever do invent a time machine, then I'm going to go back in time and punch myself for keeping so much crap.

Walking around this garage makes me think of a Disney song**:

Look at this bike, missing its seat 
Here's a size small shirt from my state track meet. 
Wouldn't you think I'm the guy
The guy who saved everything?

Look, a snack can, 20 years old
How many wonders can one garage hold?
Lookin' around here you'd think
Sh.t, he saved everything

I've got car doors and Game Boys aplenty
I've got cassettes and 8-tracks galore
You want Fog Hat records? I got twenty
But who cares?
No big deal
My back's so sore...






***

* No child was harmed in the creation this post.
** My apologies go out to Howard Ashman, lyricist for "Part of Your World" (The Little Mermaid - 1989)
*** How did I get two Grease soundtracks on 8-track?

Links:
Part of Your World
Ariel's number five

No comments:

Post a Comment