Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Color Me Impressed

For the past two months I haven't been able to do much work on the Bug. It's just been too cold out in the garage. Instead, I've been buying parts and doing what ever small jobs I can from inside the house.

For instance, the plastic grab handle on the dashboard has gotten pretty stained from hands and sunlight. Over the years I've tried soap and water, SOS pads, and even a tire cleaner, but nothing has put a dent into those stains.


When it comes to stain removal, Daphne swears by OxiClean. Anytime Char or I have a nasty spill on our clothes, Daph stirs up a mixture of the powder and water and lets the fabric soak for a couple of days before throwing it in the washer. The stuff works wonders. 

With nothing to lose, I removed the Bug's handle and let soak in a OxiClean mix overnight. 


Had I realized that the above picture wasn't in focus, I would have taken another before reinstalling the handle, but I think you can still get a pretty good idea of how well the OxiClean worked. The handle isn't perfect, but it looks a lot better than it did, and that's all I'm aiming for with my VW project. (More on that tomorrow.)

Thanks, Billy.


No comments:

Post a Comment