Wednesday, November 28, 2012

With Great Respect, I Dissent

From looking at the pictures of Charlotte's room and crib, you might think Daphne and I just shower her with gifts, but that's not the case. Her parents have hardly purchased anything for Char. On Daphne's side of the family, Char's the first child to be born in about 20 years. There's a space about 14 years wide on my side. 

With that much time on your side, you tend to inherit a lot of toys that have been hiding in your cousins' basements and attics. Plus, many of Char's toys are leftovers from Daphne's and my own childhood. 

I'm not saying Charlotte doesn't have a gross amount of stuffed toys. If animal upholstery was money, I wouldn't be getting up for work tomorrow. I'm just pointing out that we haven't bought them for her. As odd as it might sound, Daphne and I aren't very practiced at shopping for our daughter.

So, Daphne's been surfing around trying to find popular toy ideas. Here's one she found on Amazon.


"Encourage active play and engage your child's imagination with Kid-O Bilibo. This durable, shock-resistant shell can be used as a rocking chair, helmet, shovel, water basin, and more. No matter whether your child's next adventure takes place at the beach, sledding hill, park, or your living room, Bilibo will add an extra element of fun. Bilibo was created, in collaboration with childhood development experts, to help stimulate creativity and improve hand-eye coordination in children aged two to seven."

Kid-O Bilibo Action Shots:

 

Here's the most helpful review I have read in awhile:


I think we'll pass on the Bilibo.

No comments:

Post a Comment