Friday, November 9, 2012

I Love This Kind of Stuff

Awhile back I bought a dead iPod Mini at a Goodwill store for five dollars. For fun, I drove over to Target to see if it would work if I plugged it into one of their demo iPod players. The iPod did spring to life, but the battery wouldn't show that it could take a charge.

I researched battery replacement  http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11293_7-6378822-1.html, and then bought a five dollar battery through Ebay.

Pair that with another Goodwill find, a three dollar boom box with RCA connections, and you've got something that sounds pretty good. This stereo was probably donated because the cassette player was broken, but the open cassette door provides a great stand for the iPod Mini. I also dig the old school LED display.




After Charlotte goes to bed, I'm quietly rockin' out to this setup in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment