Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Family Tradition

For the past three years, Charlotte has gone to the "Disney on Ice" with her mom, her two grandmas, and her aunt. They meet downtown for an early dinner, and then they head over to the Wells Fargo Arena for the show.


I think this is an amazing opportunity for Charlotte. I also think these ladies should take her every year they can. Why?

BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO GO!

Sorry for shouting, but I get pretty excited about this night. Take a look at that guy in the Nemo outfit. After waving goodbye to our car backing out of the driveway, that's me jumping around the basement.

In the past three years, I may have spent three evenings alone in our house. Sure, I'll miss the girls after a few hours, but boy, I will have fun for awhile. I can surf the net without being told to switch to Starfall Camp. I can make an unhealthy meal choice and eat while watching a horror movie. I can leave the bathroom door open, and I won't traumatize anyone. The possibilities are not endless, but at least a few exist.

I'm not the only one excited for this night. Charlotte has already chosen her outfit, and she'll happily model the dress for you.


After Charlotte was born, I don't know how many parents told me, "They sure grow up fast." Initially, I would mentally roll my eyes, but now I know that line isn't a cliche. It's the God's honest truth. You know what?  I'm actually relieved that I have only spent three evenings alone. I wouldn't want to miss any of this...

But I'm still not going to that ice show!

No comments:

Post a Comment