Friday, July 6, 2012

I Had a Birthday

Getting a birthday card from your Church may seem cute:


But it can be a lot like a back-handed compliment:


Oh well, it made me laugh.

Growing up in a small, Iowan town meant no easy access to fast food. Just getting to go to a McDonald's was always a treat for me, and I always treat myself to a Mickey D's breakfast on my birthday. I didn't find out that the drive-thru had given the wrong breakfast until I got home and opened my bag at our dining room table.

Oh well, Charlotte loved eating some of the "reaaally biiig frenchfry" (i.e. breakfast hash brown).

Later that morning I received some really cool gifts (more on this later), and I was even serenaded:

(Side note: I think the "Thanks, babe. I love you." line sounds weak, but not as weak as my voice. It's funny how my voice sounds much beefier inside my head than it does in the real world.)

Then I got to pick where we would go for lunch. This was not an easy decision for me at all, but in the end I went for pizza. I love most pizzas, but a pizza that can accurately mimic one of my other favorite foods is a win-win.

I asked for Mullet's Chili Dog Pizza, and I got just what I wanted:





It's comprised of chili con carne for the sauce, and it's topped with small cuts of beef hot dogs, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, diced onions and pickles.

I'm a simple man, but I'm a happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment