Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tales from Community Cookbooks: Copycat Edition

My brother-in-law Chris says that if you eat any other peanut butter cup than a Reese's, then you are going to be severely disappointed.

I agree.

BUT, if you ever wanted to eat a square yard of Reese Peanut Butter Cups (and who doesn't dream of that?), then you'd have to resort to a copycat recipe.

While shopping in a local bread store, I saw a sign on their bookshelves marked, "Vintage Cookbooks Make Great Gifts - One Dollar Each." They had a few books for sale, and as I thumbed through one, I spotted his recipe:


Sold.

It didn't take much pleading to get Daphne to agree to make these for me. I have to say, there are many other things in this world that do not taste this good. 


It's not a Reese's, but sometimes close is good enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment