Monday, October 18, 2021

She's with the Band

The Urbandale Middle School band joined forces with the high school marching band at the football game on Friday night. Daphne directs the 7th and 8th grade bands, Char plays percussion in the 6th grade group, and I was a parent volunteer. The night was a family affair

The UMS band stood on the sidelines and played the fight song along with the upperclassmen. Char is in there somewhere.


I found her in the sea of instruments, and she had zero intrest in being photographed. 
Not that I blamed her.
Not that I put my camera away, either.


The UMS students sat with the UHS band in their appropriate instrument sections during the game. That put Charlotte on the track with the rest of the percussionists. Both bands played the fight song when UHS scored.


I snuck down there for one action shot. Char wasn't pleased. Her eye-roll was almost as loud as a drum roll.


I don't know why I got such a kick out of seeing the "Monson" name tag on her drum, but I did. 


Size is relative. There are times when Charlotte is standing in our kitchen or running around with her friends, and I think, Man, she is getting so tall. Then I see her standing by high schoolers, and I think, Man, she looks so small

Time is not on my side for that one, though. Some day the only little girl I'll see is in my memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment