Monday, February 3, 2020

Thumps Up for Daddy Daughter Day

I had Char to myself on Saturday, and I had an idea how I could combine our two favorite things. I love thrift stores, and Char loves Minecraft. I suggested that we hit a couple of Goodwill stores to see if they had any Minecraft t-shirts. Char was skeptical until I pulled this one off the rack. 


"Dad! It's three Creepers and a moon!" The shirt looks brand new, and it earns double points for being a long sleeve tee. 

The second Goodwill yielded this Minecraft constellation tee. Here's Charlotte modeling it after a dressing room test run. I just looked this up on Amazon, and I think the shirt might also glow in the dark. If so, she'll be even happier with it. (edit: It does glow.)


Two stores was Char's limit for thrift, so we went to McDonald's for lunch. For fun, I brought the laptop. She ate a Happy Meal while watching irritating kids play Minecraft and squeal loudly.


A mother and her son sat in the booth next to us. The boy was about Char's age, and the mother sniffed loudly, "Hmmp. Maybe I should have brought our computer for you to play on. That way I wouldn't even have to talk to you."

This was clearly a jab at my parenting skills, but I said nothing. I did look over my shoulder a few minutes later when her their table fell silent. They were both on their phones and oblivious of each other and the mom's hypocrisy.  

For dessert, we stopped by the Candy Clubhouse at Valley West Mall. Char was pumped that I let her get the Sour Flush Candy Plungers And Powder Dip Toilet. The dark chocolate Kit Kat was for Daphne. I got a smile and another thumbs up.


Yes, Char actually played some Minecraft, too. (More on this later.)


Daphne did laundry on Sunday, and it wasn't too hard to guess what Char was going to wear to school today.


The Adventuretime greeter spotted Char's shirt and said, "Charlotte! I didn't know you played Minecraft!" Char smiled and nodded in agreement. We kept walking down the hall, and I noticed a little more spring in her step.

It's fun when your ideas work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment