Saturday, June 9, 2018

Summer '18: part 1

"What do you do all summer? That has to be the question that most teachers get asked.

Well, sometimes we hang out at the zoo.



There's a cool park in Altoona. (Char is at the top of the slide.)


Charlotte took a drama class, and the students performed a mad-libbed version of the Three Little Pigs as a "graduation".


It was Char's idea to have a house made of Peeps.



Charlotte is done with piano lessons for this year, so Daphne picked out some music for the two of them to practice together.


On a whim, I bought this mosaic kit at Goodwill. I thought it might be a fun family project.


I mixed the concrete; the girls did the glass arrangement. 


Cement flip flops!


For the first time in forever, we solved the "Drive Ya Nuts" puzzle. This thing has haunted me for years. Take that, "Drive Ya Nuts"!


Char led us on a trail walk behind the Urbandale library.



While Char was at drama camp, I shopped thrift stores. There was a time when I would buy a shirt as horrible as this and wear it because I thought it was funny. There was also a time when I was hopelessly single. I believe the two are connected.

I did not buy this shirt.


The shirt is funny, though.

Maybe I should have bought it...

No comments:

Post a Comment