Friday, November 18, 2016

Someday She'll Stop The Feeling, So I'm Enjoying It While I Can

I had Char to myself on Thurday night because Daphne had a school concert. We went to a 4:15 showing of Trolls for something different for us to do.

I don't know if Char wants to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but we can't pass up a photo opp. 


Char liked Trolls (I thought there was an inordinate amount of scrap booking), and as we walked out of Flix we discussed our favorite parts. Char liked the film's soundtrack the best. She sang "Can't Stop the Feeling" all the way home in the car.

There is something magical about listening to your child sing with abandon. I supposed it's because deep down you know this won't last forever. Soon enough they'll be too self-conscious to sing for you at all.

I used our camera to record a bit of her performance, but I wasn't trying to get any visuals. I only wanted the audio.




I love it when she misinterprets lyrics. I like "Nowhere to hide when I'm getting new clothes" much better than "... when I'm getting you close." 

 I'm a dad like that. 


"Get the magic, get the magic, get the magic..."

No comments:

Post a Comment