Sunday, October 2, 2016

Who Wants a Free Spoon Ring?

I used to sell jewelry on Etsy.

No. Really. I did.

What? You Don't believe me?

Check it out: link

It was easy to find old silverware at one time, but now it's next to impossible to find anything at a low price. I blame Pinterest. Now everyone has a use for old spoons and forks.

That's not why I stopped making jewelry, though. I stopped because my workbench in the garage shop  was right underneath my daughter's crib. Banging on stuff when your baby needs to sleep is never a good plan. So, I stopped.

But my daughter isn't in a crib anymore, and I recently found this spoon for 25 cents at a thrift store.



I wanted to make it into a ring, and I needed the practice, but I don't want to navigate the new rules of selling on Etsy. So, why not make a ring and give it away?

Here's my offer: the first person that emails me their name and address can have the spoon ring for free: ring_guy@email.com. I'll even pay for shipping in the US.

No, I won't sell your private information to anyone. I don't know how to do that, and I wouldn't do that to you. But, if you have trust issues, I understand.

Here's how the ring came out. It's at a size 6 1/2 to a 7, but the "wrap around"design makes it easy to enlarge if you need it bigger.





Once again, here's the email address: ring_guy@email.com. I opened this email account just for this blog experiment. If this blog post disappears, then someone claimed the ring.  

2 comments:

  1. Brent, cool one!! I'll let another lucky soul claim the prize ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So far, no takers. I guess people don't believe me.

    ReplyDelete