Sunday, August 16, 2015

Day Five at Oceanside: Legoland

If Sea World was all about the marine shows, and Disneyland was all about the exciting rides, then what did Legoland have going for it? 



I'm still not sure. Legoland offers activities that I didn't understand, and others that you could do somewhere else for free.

For instance, we were in the park before it "officially" opened, and although the "Safari Trek" ride was the closest ride to the front gate, we waited in line for an hour to get in a car. (Disneyland rides are much more efficient.)


I was hoping the wait was equal to the ride, but that wasn't true. Lego sculptures are impressive at first, but once you become accustom to the attention to detail the "wow" factor wears off pretty quickly. The blocky sculptures begin to look pixetlated, and you wonder if you shouldn't be cleaning your eyeglasses. I was on "Safari Trek" for only 30 seconds before I started to wonder why I was there. I don't really like zoos, but wouldn't looking at actual animals be preferable to looking at plastic ones?

Honestly, the real bird perched on the Lego one is more interesting.


Like your local park, Legoland has lots of fun playgrounds.


And like your basement, Legoland has Legos you can play with.


It's true, nowhere else in the world can your daughter do a spider dance in front of a huge Lego spider, but I'm at a loss why that even happened.


Again, where else can you see a working Lego model of the Death Star or stand next to a Lego Darth Vader and make mean faces?



I assume nowhere, but would you pay almost $300 dollars for the opportunity? For our family, I'm guessing we wouldn't again. But that's just us. We won't judge you if Legoland is your thing.

At least you could dress up in the gift shop for free:


You just have to make sure you return the props to the right bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment