Friday, May 24, 2013

Tales from Community Cookbooks: Manly Edition


"The manly art of knife-throwing"? That's an awesome example. 

By far, this is the manliest cookbook I have ever found. I feel like I should do ten push-ups before I even open it. 



"The Storz Brewing Company was located at 1807 North 16th Street in North Omaha, Nebraska. Established from a company started in 1863, Storz Brewing began in 1876 by Gottlieb Storz and was owned by the Storz family until Arthur C. Storz Sr. sold the company in 1966. It went out of business in 1972. According to the Omaha World-Herald, "The Storz brewery pumped out 43 million gallons of beer a year and produced one-third of all the beer sold in Nebraska in 1960." wikipedia


Here's Arthur. 



Let's zoom in for a closer look.



Mr. Storz is drinking a beer, holding a smoke, grilling steaks over an open fire, and wearing an apron featuring a cook trying to kill farm animalsStorz even makes that chef hat look kinda cool. And let's not forget that he also owns his own brewery. In 1949 you couldn't get manlier. 

Health risks aside, I want to be that guy. Sadly, I can't. But thanks to Arthur C. Storz, I know how to properly serve a beer. 



 Again, let's zoom in for  closer look.



Finally, someone has given me permission to NOT do the dishes: Just rinse the damn thing, and put it back on the shelf. Soap is for sissies. 



I have no clue who Shelton is, but I like any man who puts two bacon layers in his baked beans. 



So, what does this cookbook suggest I eat with Shelton's baked beans?




Thanks, dude. I'll take two.

After dinner I'll practice my knife-throwing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment