Saturday, May 18, 2013

Farmer's Market 2013

It was well over 65 degrees at 9:00 this morning, so we took Char down to the Downtown Farmer's Market. We sure got more (and less) than we bargained for.

First we met up with a gang of puppies who there to promote the "Paws and Effect" Service Dog People Jog.


Then we spotted the Iowa Cubs mascot, Cubby Bear. I wanted to get more of Cubby in the picture, but Char was too excited to stay in one place very long. So, here's Charlotte and Cubby's belly.


Daphne spotted a stand that was selling wheat-free banana cakes for $1.50. That seemed like a pretty good deal until she bought one. I've seen bigger cake samples.


We then left the market to go see the Police, Firefighter, and Rescue vehicles that were on display for the public.

Char got a sticker from the Sheriffs Department.


She was able to peek inside a real fire truck.


She took a police cart out for a "spin".


She climbed inside the Life Flight helicopter.


And we don't know how she managed it, but she got herself buckled in, as well.


We finished up our vehicle exploration after a quick sit in Des Moines Police Humvee.


In all, Char earned three stickers for her bravery.


But as we were leaving, Daph spied this sticker on the ground.


Holy cow! I didn't know there were tools of the Devil clowns walking around the market. That's my cue to hit the road. For me, "I Hugged a Clown Today" translates into "I Crapped in My Pants Today".

I think a pack of hugging clowns running around is way worse than a flesh eating zombie horde. Just look at that sticker. Even his hands are creepy. It's like he has too many fingers or something.

Char, it's time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment